Monday, April 17, 2017

When The World Smells Like Lilacs




The other day I was listening to Joe Walsh sing “Life's Been Good” on my car stereo and, like always, I found myself smiling and nodding my head at the line, “I can't complain but sometimes I still do.”

I'm sure I'm not the only one who relates to that lyric. It's so easy to complain about life's disappointments and inconveniences, even when we know we have it relatively good. I know that for me all it takes is lack of sleep, hunger or crappy weather to convince me that the universe is picking on me some days.

The Lilac Portal

However, on Spring days such as the ones we've been having lately, I have no trouble remembering how wonderful life can be and how very lucky and blessed I am.

It's just so much easier to practice gratitude when the world smells like Lilacs, or to believe in magic when it's raining apple blossoms in my backyard or to have faith in miracles when the “Immortality” Irises in my front yard decide to bloom on Easter Sunday.

Peace Beneath The Lilacs

Apple Blossom Magic

Immortality Irises


Life's been good to me so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment